SOMARA is the proud owner / operator of the barge DESAL 1, one of the largest deck barge operating in the area.
The barge DESAL 1 is part of SOMARA’s emergency response plan. It has been used in several occasions for cargo lightering operations in case of groundings.
The barge DESAL 1 has a 45′ long heavy duty ramp.
During the rest of the time, the barge is hired to the industrial operators of the region for inter-Caribbean transports for bulk, break-bulk, heavy lift or project cargoes.
In case of additional requirements, Somara hires additional equipment available in the region, on a sub-contracting basis.
– Cargo deck area protected by bin walls all-around of 3.00 meters height + one wave breaker
– 2 side doors x 6.0m
– 1 heavy duty ramp max load of 85 tons capacity
– Ramp access 13m x 4.70 m
– Deck strenght: 15 tons per m2
– 6 double hull tanks of 1000m3 capacity approx. with integrated piping and minfolds
– Barge equipped with 2 spud holes; spuds of 16 meters long available